Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Housekeeping (BAC, DNDN and RVBD)

Sorry folks, traveling this afternoon to Vegas at 2:35pm flight, so I am a bit out of pocket today.  Logged in from the airport.  I am closing out all three positions below:

Bank of America (BAC) - We did a bullish risk reversal on this just yesterday and the stock is already up almost 7% since then.  The Aug 11/14 bull put spread has shrunk from $0.82 to $0.65, while Aug $17 calls have gone from $0.82 to $1.06.  I don't think the run is over, but no one ever lost money by taking profits early!  I am closing the full position for about 20% gain on the bull put spread and 30% gain the calls in just 24 hours.  Love it!

Dendreon (DNDN) - We have May 30/40/50 butterfly spread that we bought for $2.35.  The spread has expanded to $2.75 this morning.  The stock broke out earlier in the week.  I think there is further room to the upside here as well, but I am taking profits and closing the entire position for about 16% profit in 2 weeks.  

Riverbed Tech (RVBD) - We did a June 25/30 bull call spread for $1.9 when the stock broke out from long consolidation.  The spread has now expanded to $2.25.  Again, I think there is more room here but this market has no memory from day to day.  Taking profits and locking in approx 18% profit in one week.  

There will be other times to get back into the names above again.